Welcome to the First International Volvox Conference
INTERNATIONAL VOLVOX CONFERENCE will be held in Fredericton, New
Brunswick (Canada), July 31st - August 3rd, 2013; go to the Volvox 2013 meeting page for updated information.
- The Company of Biologists sponsors our meeting (see Sponsors)
- Pics from the meeting (thanks to Hisayoshi Nozaki, John Kessler,
Matt Herron and Aurora Nedelcu for photos); for more pics go to Volvocales wikipedia
- Dec 1st - Arriving in Tucson and Reception at Biosphere 2
- Dec 2nd - Talks and Poster session
- Dec 3 - Movie Night and Banquet
- Dec 3 - A Magical Night...
- Dec 4 - Biosphere 2 Tour
- Dec 4 - Snow in the desert
- Dec 4 - Back in Tucson
- Prize winners announced - go to Prizes
- The final program is available for download; go to Program
- Call for submission for several contests; prizes will be given in several categories (go to Prizes)
- Click here to download the Volvox Conference Poster
- An updated Program is now posted - go to Program
- Submitted Abstracts are now posted - go to Abstracts
- Deadline for registration and abstract submission exteded (November 1st, 2011)
- Travel Grants announced: 15 travel grants funded by the American Genetics Association have been awarded (see Sponsors)
- See the ad for our Volvox Conference in the current issue (vol 47, no 2, page 13) of the Phycological Newsletter
- Registration is now open; please register by October 15th for reduced rates.
- Abstract submission is now open; please submit your Abstract by October 15th, 2011.
- Pre-Registration is now open; please go to Registration and fill in the Pre-registration Form by September 15, 2011.
- Travel grants for students and postdoctoral fellows are available with funds from the American Genetics Association - go to Sponsors for information on how to apply; deadline: September 30, 2011
- Prizes for best student/postdoc paper/poster are sponsored by the Phycological Society of America
- PRE-REGISTRATION - September 15th, 2011
- TRAVEL GRANT APPLICATIONS - September 30th, 2011
- TRAVEL GRANTS ANNOUNCED - October 5th, 2011
- REGISTRATION - October 15th, 2011
- ABSTRACT SUBMISSION - October 15th, 2011
- EXTENDED REGISTRATION AND ABSTRACT SUBMISSION - NOVEMBER 1ST, 2011
For questions and suggestions e-mail us.